16.10.10

Slick Lips, Greasy Popcorn

After viewing a pg13-rated movie last night, leaving the theatre along with the exiting throng of fellow movie goers, not eight seconds before I reach the door which is down at the end of the sloping aisle do I hear, "How'd they let a little girl in here? This movie wasn't rated pg." I'm not in the mood to let this go (it's been one of those weeks) so I turn sharply towards the man who is rhetorically inquiring about me to his date. He realizes I've heard him (duh) and makes a swooping motion with his arm over his companion's head. In order to both lose my gaze and prove his next false point, his head turns in the direction his hand is now pointing while he says, "Yea, she was sitting back there...she looked like she was twelve." I'm surprised, with all his grand gesturing he didn't topple down the carpeted ramp and cause his date to careen into the door. I turn my head so I don't trip myself and shake my head and sigh as I make my way to the escalator.

Ultimately I was used for brief entertainment purposes which was originally intended to be a genuine inquiry. He'd rather have made a light jokey observation then have a heavy confrontation once our gazes connected. I'm sure he felt ashamed, but wasn't going to apologize for reasons of this being a brief encounter most likely never to occur again and/or of his ego not letting him come down from his high horse in assuming either way he was older than me. I can't care for the peers of my peers! I'm sure he was no more than 3 years older or younger than me. Instances such as this one makes me dislike that saying about respect for elders since so many idiots think themselves to be in this classification, when compared to me, based on glanced assumption.

No comments: